Dead Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tune up (Erin)

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tune up (Erin) Empty Tune up (Erin)

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Harmony knew she needed to see a doctor,  hopefully one who could understand her unique 'pre-existing condition'.  She saw Erin's number and set up an appointment.  This had to be seen up close, talking about it over the phone just would not do.

She knocks on the door letting her presence be known though Erin likely already knows from whatever security exists.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Tune up (Erin) Empty Re: Tune up (Erin)

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Erin knew from the small camera that showed her the entrance.

"come in. Harmony right?"

the doctor was dressed in a white coat that has seen more bleach previously then recently. She smiled and waived the patient into the room. There were many plants all around on the windowsills, including several kinds of cactus.
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Tune up (Erin) S-l30010

Her voice start out listless and tired, becoming less so after she clears her throat

"Yes Doctor, I am Harmony your one o clock appointment. " she scans the room, holding to notice the cactus in the window sill.

"I apologize ahead of time, I had a long travel yesterday and am still adjusting."
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 pm

"No worries, come in, take a seat. You had mentioned that you had some pre-existing conditions to talk about yes?" she motioned her to a chair.
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:26 pm

She takes a deep breath Harmony's pierced midriff is exposed between her tight white top and blue jeans, Erin can see parts of Harmony's bones and the the lungs expand, all which involuntarily arch the curves.

"I did call it that, and it is accurate but insufficient. Implants and modifications, before I say more: must I veil my words here? Is it secure?"
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:39 pm

"It is... mostly secure. but it is not a place to say shift forms. But it is free of mundane listeners who are not in the know currently"
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 pm

"When I say implants, I do not mean breasts. I have been worked on by a glass walker, some alterations were necessary for my survival, some were cosmetic and some were experimental. 

Now he is gone."
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:54 pm

"right. Do you have a complete list? Do you know if any need maintenance and what sort? What were the necessary ones for, and what is known about the experimental ones?" she looked the woman in front of her over taking note of everything and succeeding reasonably well to not show nay opinion on her face.
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:15 pm

"Would you like to see my medical chart? Or would you like to evaluate for yourself." she takes a seat slowly and stiffly lowering

"I have a chip in my brain. It lets me store extra memories." It didn't sound like the end to the story, just the beginning.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm

"Lets not reinvent hte wheel, and see the chart" she smiled and nodded at hte chip information
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 pm

She opens her purse and pulls out a data file.

"I apologize I do not have a paper copy. It is easy to print out if you prefer that method."

She exhales deeply and pained at her next admission.

"The biggest complication is pain, I'm on Norco. I'll have to renew my prescription here."
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 pm

"Hm" she took the data file and put it into her laptop "we can do that but not very reliably. You have a cough that needs the hydrocodone?" she opened and started to read the file
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Her long carefully colored and extended lashes drift close softly.

"Pain. Pain medication." she straighten her hair as she waits for the doctor to read her information.

"I only have twelve pills left, I would like more. Please."
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 pm

"Yes but Narco is hydrocoden and acetaminophen. And hydrocodone is indicated for coughs and cough spasms of the rib cage. That is what you previous doctor had you on?"

((whats in the file?Smile)
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 pm

"Its what I was given. I don't have spasms unless.... 

I believe any strong pain medication will do. It's as needed medication, not routine. I don't take it every day. Only on days where it's a seven or higher, or a five that lasts more than two days steaight."

She hides her head in the palm of her hand.

((The file first has an x-ray showing her metallic left side  hip and spinal support.  Theres a mini computer looking thing in the back of her neck))
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:57 pm

She nodded "I am not worried about prescribing i am worried about it being available, and about bringing the feds to us. Are you willing to explore other non-narcotic options?" she continued looking at hte chart "tell me about the pain?"
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:22 pm

"I got it under the table. He.... "

She stops and pinches the bridge of her nose. She looks down at her black leather purse, opening it and getting a tissue ready in her hand, though no tear comes out, just a red flush to her cheeks.

Her tone returns to measured and neutral

"I have twelve left. I've not been taking them even though I have been at a six for some time. I ration until I know I can get more.

What do you want to know about the pain? It feels like a grinding against my bones."
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:25 pm

"what hurts?" she asked softly (empathy 2....) "I have things that will help dont worry about that but i need to know more details"
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 pm

"It doesn't always hurt, It just sometimes does not fit perfectly. My non bone parts and my bone parts. I can go months without needing a pill, but these last few months... um..."

another sigh to steady herself and a look down at her tissue.

"You haven't seen anything like me, have you?" she asks softly to Erin.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:29 am

"No. But with your help, we will figure it out. We are all in a bit of a new place these days" she smiled at the girl "I cant say i am not full of questions, but most of them can wait. Here's what i can do all other things aside - i will put in a perscription and see if we can get it filled. Narco is a compound and i can mix it myself, but i will need to order the parts. Meanwhile, i have some things i can give you that are different but you need to be on the open minded side of things."

She folded her hands in front of her and looked at Harmony. "I am a medical doctor. I am also a damn good herbalist. And i am also damn good Herbalist with a capital H if you see the difference. And i am a damn good healer though never quite as good as our more... hairier... relatives. I can give you some herbs that in a tea will most certainly relieve your pain to an extent. And i can start making something that will work better and longer, but i have to prepare it and sadly my Craft takes time. It will work even if you dont believe in it of course, but it is your choice to try it or not"
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 am

"I do not know of any herb that would help. Over the counter pain medication rarely helps.

A short term solution and long term are both needed. At the moment, I admit my flaw in be focus on the shirt term."

She straightens her back in her seat, her tissue further away and to the side.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:17 am

"It really depends on what specifically is causing the issue. I will need to study you file. Tell me, how is your pain on a 1 to 10 right now?"

She glanced at hte tissue as if to see what if anything was special about it.
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 am

"Its caused by imperfections in the artificial parts interacting with the natural bone. It's at a six right now."

The tissue is just a tissue, she thought she was at risk of crying but nothing had come out.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:55 am

"I want you to try something then. Hold on" she stood up and rummaged in a drawer, pulled out a small paper envelope and walked out of the room briefly.

When she returned, about a minute later, she was carrying a mug containing a warm but not super hot liquid. "Drink this"

((talked to Dealer. this should be better then otc, not as awesome as opioids so should help for a 6 but not say a 9. is the part 1 of the thing))
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:08 am

Harmony looks down to the tea, skeptical at first but remembering to keep an open mind. She reaches for the tea, not realizing her hand was unsteady until the tea cup starts rattling, something she corrects immediately. 

She takes a deep sigh before drinking a sip, then a larger sip.

"I will trust you,  doctor."
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next